Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gate River Run confirmation

Got an email from 1st Place Sports today confirming my placement for the Gate River Run in March. I've mentioned it before, but the GRR is basically the biggest race in Jacksonville. It is the US 15K Championship, the largest 15K in the US, with past winners including Joan Benoit, Bill Rodgers, Ryan Shay, Meb Keflezighi, and Deena Kastor (if you've ever heard of them). This year they expect over 20,000 runners and they have seeded race starts for the top 5,000. Thanks to my performance at the Jax Marathon in Dec, I have earned a spot in the second tier (300-999)! Can't wait, should be lots of fun!

Also in coming attractions: Gainesville Half and Full Marathon this weekend. I am running the Marathon relay with four friends (I am anchoring with the last 6.2 mile leg). I have been told that they need me to run 5-minute miles to pick up the slack for the rest of the team, but somehow I think that might be wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment